Forum

He was placed on the bereavement list Saturday October 10, 2018 2:31 AM

By : jin

Can the Minnesota Vikings extend their unbeaten start to the season to four games with the arrival of the New York Giants on Monday night? The Vikings are one of the surprise packages of the 2016 NFL season, having seemingly suffered a major blow to their ambitions of a NFC North title repeat when their promising young quarterback, Teddy Bridgewater, suffered a season-ending knee injury. Jameson Taillon Jersey .Superstar running back and future Hall of Famer, Adrian Peterson, swiftly joined Bridgewater on the sidelines, going down in week two against the Green Bay Packers. Adrian Peterson is carried off from the field against the Green Bay Packers But brilliantly led by new QB, Sam Bradford - acquired by trade from Philadelphia Eagles - and riding a mean defence, the Vikings have rallied to a surprise 3-0 start.Arriving on Monday night in Minnesota are the still wildly inconsistent Giants, who are 2-1 on the season, having lost to Washington Redskins last weekend.Following wins over the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints, the Giants slipped back in the NFC East with a 29-27 defeat to the-then winless Redskins. Jamison Crowder of the Washington Redskins runs away from the New York Giants defence for a touchdown Eli Manning threw two interceptions, while Odell Beckham Jr again got driven to distraction by old foe Josh Norman, as the Giants put in an ill-disciplined display; one which contained 11 penalties for 128 yards.Key match-upsOdell Beckham Jr v Vikings secondary We take a look at who won the battle between rivals Odell Beckham Jr and Josh Norman during the Redskins win over the Giants A week on from tallying 121 yards off seven receptions - but somewhat losing his cool - against the Redskins, and more specifically, Josh Norman, all eyes will again be on Odell Beckham Jr are he takes on this Vikings secondary who have thwarted the explosive offences of the Carolina Panthers and Green Bay Packers in their last two wins.Sam Bradford v Jason Pierre-PaulStarting those two wins was newly signed quarterback, Sam Bradford. And with 457 yards, three touchdowns, zero interceptions, a completion percentage of 67.8, and a passer rating of 107.8 to his name - plus a 2-0 record in those contests - its fair to say things went well. An improved Giants defence is tasked with stopping Bradford, specifically premier pass rusher, Jason Pierre-Paul, who registered his first sack of the season last week against the Redskins. Can Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (pictured) get to Vikings QB, Sam Bradford? Watch the New York Giants at the Minnesota Vikings on Tuesday from 1.15am, live on Sky Sports 1.  Also See: NFL week four round-up WATCH: Sunday Blitz Neil Reynolds Pick Six NFL Video Willie Stargell Jersey .  He was set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 5th. The 34-year-old Laval, Que. native has played six seasons with the Penguins. Francisco Cervelli Jersey . Perhaps their first trip to the city of Winnipeg in 16 years can serve as the shakeup they need. MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Brewers shortstop Jean Segura is heading home to the Dominican Republic after the death of his 9-month old son. The 24-year-old Segura learned his son, Janniel, had died after the Brewers 7-6 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday night. Seguras mother, who attended the game, told several Brewers wives. They passed the news to their husbands, who then told Segura after the final out. Ron Roenicke closed the Milwaukee clubhouse to reporters after the game Friday, and the Brewers manager appeared equally saddened a day later. He kept the clubhouse closed before Saturdays game. "I didnt know what to say to him other than giving him a hug and telling him were there for him," Roenicke said. "He had a tough time." Roenicke said that the child had been sick. "Seggy was on the phone yesterday before the game and they thought he was OK, getting better," Roenicke said. "I really dont know much more than that." Segura went 1 for 4 with a double Friday night. He was placed on the bereavement list Saturday. Jordy Mercer Jersey. Infielder Elian Herrera was recalled from Triple-A Nashville. Milwaukee players went through batting practice in a sombre mood. "It broke my heart," centre fielder Carlos Gomez said. "Im getting out of the shower and I see hes crying. I go ask him whats happening. He told me, My child pass away. And I dropped it right there." The Brewers 6 1/2 game lead in the NL Central has been trimmed to one after a season-high six-game losing streak. Asked how the players and his team, which has lost 10 of 11, would respond, Roenicke hesitated. "I dont know," he said. "They adapt pretty well. Im sure theyll be OK." Gomez had a different thought about playing on Saturday. "I dont know," he said. "I cant even imagine. We feel like everybody wants to stay home, but its a job we have to finish, come in and play hard." Said St. Louis manager Mike Matheny: "I heard just a little about it. I cant even fathom that. We hurt for him, for sure." Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys Cheap France Soccer Jerseys Cheap Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Albania Soccer Jerseys Cheap Algeria Soccer Jerseys Cheap Czech Soccer Jerseys Cheap Croatia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Cote dIvoire Soccer Jerseys Cheap Costa Rica Soccer Jerseys Cheap Colombia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Chile Soccer Jerseys Cheap Cameroon Soccer Jerseys Cheap Brazil Soccer Jerseys ' ' ' 

To post a comment please register or sign in